Monday, September 28, 2009

First, pass the post

It cannot escaped the notice of most people that the post is in meltdown at the moment. From a citizen point of view it shows how much we have come to NOT rely on the post. I for one had not noticed the strike so much because all I see is a lower amount of junk mail and a lower amount of bills (all paid electronically anyway). So no real big deal. I suspect that I am not typical in that respect but I am certainly not unique.

What is having an effect is the lack of post on businesses. As a Luddite I still pay many of my bills by post and most of my suppliers still bill me by post. But I do not know what I have not received. So I have received a number of invoices very late. I have been a good chap and paid them immediately, by cheque by post. But what is surprising is the complete lack of understanding from suppliers. I have now had two threats to cut off my services. Ouch! Both times I have explained the situation, both times I have pointed out the invoices were late, postal strikes etc and both times was told tough.

Come on suppliers, wake up. We all have cash flow issues caused by the strikes (well I haven't but many have). Its like a chain in a housing transaction. You all need to work together and be patient or the chain breaks down.

It is an interesting measure of your suppliers. When times are hard the crap floats to the top. Just remember those suppliers and when the time is right move from the rubbish ones and reward the patient ones. When the going gets tough, those who are your partners and those who are your suppliers really stick out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home