Thursday, January 28, 2010

i-con

Given the state of my mobile phone I thought I would venture in to town and look at the new i-phones. Very nice they are too. But I have a bit of an issue taking a contract of 18 months (or 24 which was the other option) for a phone that delicate. No problem, you can get extended warranty for the second year at 59 pounds. Seems a bit steep. Or you can buy Vodafone insurance at 12.99 per month.

My understanding of insurance is that you pay an amount of money to hedge the risk of losing or breaking the phone (or car or house). But on a contract of 2 years that's 311 pounds in total. About the costs of buying a new phone (and in 2 years about the cost of buying 2 phones I expect).

They must think the risk of having to replace your phone is certainty and you will basically buy a new phone if you take the insurance.

Well worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I-phone seems to be the new Saviour. It is a clever God replacement, perfect for our religiously ambiguous times. I-phone with its applications is omnipotent. Its features are pretty much identical with God's attributes. Panacea for every ailment. The Omnipotent for the omnivorous. It is also addictive and they know it. People are paying the price without thinking. There is no price for a contemporary God - especially for a cool God.

Yours,
Blasphemist with a Motorola

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home